- I’ve got no time for quick things!
- But really, no major changes this week. The wonder of summer continues.
Scroll down for the list of things we’ll have this week!
I am running behind on everything this evening. Everything. Sorry if you come to the market first thing Thursday morning and things are a little chaotic. It’s my fault.
One of the things I’m running behind on is examining and cooking the heirloom beets we received this week. They’re the crapaudine variety, reportedly the oldest known variety of beets, and renowned for their flavor. I’d never heard of them, and so requested them based on those two pieces of information. I can’t wait to try them.
For more, I’ll direct you elsewhere: http://leslieland.com/2012/07/crapaudine-beet-the-lady-toad-a-root-to-be-reckoned-with/
And for me, I’m running downstairs to receive the Village Acres delivery!
- Green Beans
- Collard Greens (urgent use)
- Green Curly Kale (limited quantities)
- Lacinato Kale (arriving late Thursday)
- Raspberries (black, red, & golden)
- “Ugly” peaches, for preserving (or just eating)
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Red Onions
- Fresh Sweet White Onions
- Baby Leeks
- Italian Eggplant
- Japanese Eggplant
- Sweet Corn
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- Yummy Snack Peppers
- Red New Potatoes
- White Kennebec Potatoes
- Crapaudine Beets
- Gold Beets
- Lettuce Mix (very limited quantities)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Red Tomatoes
- San Marzano Plum Tomatoes
- Sungold Cherry Tomatoes
(fresh Friday & Saturday)
- McGrath’s Original
- Sesame Original
- Country Rye Pan Bread
- Three Seed
- Cranberry Pecan
- Jalapeno Cheddar
- Baguettes (fresh Saturday only; available frozen every day)